Ecological Furniture Panel for New Profit Growing Point
ZeroE® StrawBoard, which is an engineered board that is made by splitting straw and formed by adding
formaldehyde-free adhesives(MDI) and then hot compressing layers of straw in specific orientations. Strawboard are a healthy and ecological alternative to wood based chipboard, MDF, OSB or Plywood.
How we produce straw board
Still wonder what is straw board
|Differences between Strawboard and MDF board/Plywood/Chipboard|
|Product Name||Raw Material||Glue||Formaldehyde Release|
|Straw board||Extensive materials can be used to produce straw boards, such as wheat, rice, corn, cotton, soybean, sorghum, flax and a lot of scraps fruit sticks.||MDI||Not to be detected||Carb NAF|
|1. No VOC, No formaldehyde release|
2. Much lighter and better strength than normal board
3. Better water resistance, better moisture resistance and high durability than traditional board
4. Put an end to the history all artificial boards release formaldehyde
5. Put and end to the history all artificial boards dependent on felling trees.
|Price is higher than tradional boards|
|Wood fiber||Urea formaldehyde||E0≤0.5mg/L|
|CARB P1 P2 ULEF||1. Easy to shape and milling|
2. Easy to do kinds of surface process PVC, UV, Melamine
|1. Be haentrmful for human body|
2. Felling trees, be bad for the environment
When compared with wood-based board
Where can it be used in real world
Our certification-CE, CARB NAF P2,ISO9001/14001, E0, JIS etc .
|Density Series||Density ranges(kg/m3)||Application Area|
|Low density series||400-500||Door panel, insulating board, drawing board and white board|
|Mid-density series||700-750||Furniture, decorating fitments, vehicle and shipping manufacturing, packaging and logistics.|
|High-density series||>750||flooring, acoustic board, hanging board and the above-mentioned mid-density series application areas|
The Physical Properties of Strawboard
Strawboard offers several advantages over wood-based particleboard:
- manufactured from an inexpensive, annual renewable resource,
- greater structural strength,
- greater fire and moisture resistance,
- more dimensionally stable (resists warping better than wood),
- greater screw retention,
- improved machinability characteristics (sanding and finishing), and
- non-toxic (formaldehyde free).
Panel Testing Results for Strawboard (compared to CSA standards)
Modulus of Rupture
Modulus of Elasticity
Screw Hold (face)
Screw hold (edge)
- We turn crop byproduct into high quality, valuable building panels and decorative board.
- Those end product like furtiture, cabinet, door, flooring etc are of first class with no toxic emitted.
- You stay and live in a natural friendly space that hightliight your environmental protection taste.
- You contribute to reduce forestry cutting and lower the carbon emmission potentially.
Most importantly, it is no formaldehyde released which do good to the health of people you cared and loved.
What is Wanhua Ecoboard
- The largest straw board manufacturer worldwide, Made of 100% high quality natural straw.
- Run the advanced continous hot proccesing equipment to guarantee the board quality
- Use our own MDI glue as the core technology to produce no formaldehyhe emission.
Panels for a new era
Wanhua Eco panel as furniture board, which puts an end to the history that all wood-based panels release formaldehyde,
The straws used as the principal raw material of Eco panel are deprived of strong toughness fiber in plant stems and
Besides releasing no formaldehyde, Wanhua Ecoboard-straw eco panel adopts straw fiber to replace
lignified fiber creatively to have an excellent physical property outstripping ordinary artificial board.
Why use strawboard instead of wood
The question that many people ask is, "Why make particleboard out of straw?" The main reason is the availability of excess straw, which is either baled or burned. Straw burning creates a health hazard to many people with respiratory problems. The smoke has also contributed to higher rates of respiratory diseases and is generally harmful to the environment.
Depleting forests and the availability of wood chips for particleboard production due to the over-cutting of forests is another factor that has reduced the amount of available timber. Governments are now more concerned than ever about regulating the annual allowable cutting which takes place. Due to the depletion of the timber supply, the quantities of wood in the form of sawdust and planer shavings have also been reduced. These products are the basic feedstock for wood-based particleboard. As a result of the declining supply, prices of wood products and residue have increased.
Straw is a renewable resource. Unlike trees, which may take 20 years to grow to a size that is useful for timber production, straw is produced each year with a new crop. Shortages of straw should be rare and very short term, until a new crop is produced. Agrologists suggest that many farmers would be happy to give away or sell their straw for a minimum price because there is usually much more straw than is required to maintain soil health.
Straw particleboard production is environmentally friendly. It uses an input that is often burned (which increases pollution) to make a product that can replace wood-based products. By using more straw and fewer trees, it preserves the forests and the environment. This benefits wildlife, outdoorsmen, and general nature lovers. As well, the methylene-diphenyl-diisocyanate (MDI) resin, the binding agent for strawboard is non-toxic and doesn't produce harmful emissions from the finished product.